so I ‘ve been back a few days now from this conference. it was a great time, especially ‘dancin’ it out’ with jeff and his dad, daryl, and brad. sicknees brought one of us down fast. I do have some highlights from the trip and the conference.
1. the people at Mountain Lake Church. they hosted the conference and were genuinely friendly and extremely helpful and interested in the peeps who were there.
2. silly songs about boxes are hours of fun.
3. dancin’ doesn’t cause problems, it solves ’em.
4. excellence is doing your best with what you have. don’t let it lead to obsession.
5. Dave Furgeson is D-lite’s new best friend?
6. disconnected people don’t know worship songs (big light bulb!)
7. you can still rock at 50.
8. George (Jeff’s dad) said the phrase ‘rocked it’ !!!!
9. we saw a pastor’s staff pray for him before a ‘breakout’ session. (strong!)
10. I like to listen to people who are passionate about what they talk about. (guy at the Renewed Vision booth)
11. making tough desicions from the start spare you from making harder ones down the road.
12. we all should take risks, and ‘celebrate the riskers’ even if it fails.
13. God has a resolve to work out his vision for you.