The Tuesday “After”
I know, isn’t it Mondays that are usually bad? Well…I guess if you take into account that yesterday was a holiday, then today (Tues.) is really the Monday of this week. There ya go…brain…chew slowly, front to back…try not to choke on the logic.
1) Job search- on a scale from one to ten, I’d guess around a four (one for each interview we’ve had combined) We’ve sent out so many resumes I am considering buying a paper factory to keep the cost down!?
2) Packing- this one’s easy…no job, no apartment, no boxes….why start?
3) C3 (church)- everything’s cool…we’re tranistioning out and we’ll be gone soon…….hello! somebody!…anybody? Feels kinda weird, sad, etc- almost like graduating high school? Kinda strange and different, but moving on to something new…
4) Friends- hanging a lot with our new Wilmington family, starting to miss people who won’t be there.
5) Finally my beloved Apple Powerbook G4. the display went out (flickering). Flat rate of reapir according to the “Genius Bar” (**Let me take this time out to say if Genius was truly at the Genuis Bar, wouldn’t they figure out a way to fix it cheap…or McGyver it..or something**) is $350 bux!!!!!! I am starting to get the feeling God doesn’t want me to pre order the Xbox 360
BUT, and there always is one. Jer 29:11 (NIV) “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I know I also feel like this verse is way overused. In the context of scripture this comes right in the middle of God’s 70 year captivity judgment. I mean I like to proclaim that scripture when it makes sense with my time frame…but look at where it came from. To those people that must have been a pretty bleak message. It’s all about seeing the big picture. Right now it’s hard, we are focusing on the present, what this verse really does is inspire my faith that no matter how Tuesday plays out…there is a bigger plan, and on a more elementary level…there is “A PLAN”. There is an unfolding series of events ahead of me and I am trusting God to provide all the way.